Mentor and Teacher Advisor Groups Training
Peer Resources conducts teacher advisor/mentor training workshops throughout Canada. The current workshop will take place July 22-23, 2004 at Renison College in Waterloo, Ontario (map). To register for a session online, simply click here to access our SECURE online registration form.
About The Advisor Workshop
This two-day intensive workshop is filled with proven, practical tools and skills to assist you in developing successful Advisor Group Programs for your school.
As a result of this workshop you will:
- Develop communication skills necessary to run an effective mentor program or advisor group.
- Learn how to use an advisor mentor program to change the climate in your school.
- Learn how to empower students and peer groups through the use of mentor programs and advisor groups.
- Develop strategies for dealing with obstacles.
- Activate your personal powers through group activities and sharing personal experiences.
- Plus, receive The Mentor Program Development Resource Kit a binder filled with most-widely used materials in Canada and published by Peer Resources.
The Advisor Workshop is based on the adult experiential learning model and training principles. The fee is $375.00 and includes all materials. Membership in the Peer Resources Network can be included for a total fee of $428.50. To register, use our Secure Registration Form.
Day 1 (8:30 4:30)
Lunch on your own (Instructor available for personal consultation)
- Introductions, Housekeeping and Energizers
- Overview of Agenda for Two Days
- Warm-Up and Processing Searching For Strengths
- Concepts Communications Skill Builder, Discovering Mentor and Advisor Programs (The Who, What, When, Where and Why)
- Processing Techniques and Activities To Use With Groups
Day 2 (8:30 4:30)
- Applications Developing a Language For Empowerment, Setting Personal Goals, Strategies For Dealing With Obstacles, Specific Interest Group Activity
- Closure and Planning For Tomorrow
Lunch on your own
- Refocussing Activities, Goal Setting, Energizers
- The Power of People Working Together Toward a Common Goal
- Concepts Experential Learning Cycle
- Progams and Applications Where Do We Go From Here?
- Applying Your Skills Presentations
- Suitcase Activity Pack Up Your Plan and Take It Home
About the instructor:
Wayne Townsend, B.A., B.P.E., B.Ed.
Accredited Peer Resources Trainer, Level 3 Consultant
Certified Advanced Trainer with the Ontario Society of Training & Development, O.S.T.D.
Accredited Advanced Trainer with the Ontario Peer Help Association, O.P.H.A.
Accredited Mentor Trainer, Cy Charney & Associates, Coaching & Mentoring For Peak Performance, York University, Schulich School of Business
Accommodations For Workshop Participants
Renison College, University of Waterloo
Westmount Road, Waterloo, Ontario
1 (519) 884-4404 (x 611)
Accomodations: $36.00/night, single occupancy and $66.00/night double occupancy (plus 12 percent tax)
Attn: Karen Sanderson
Destination Inn Motel
547 King Street North, Waterloo, Ontario
1 (519) 884-0100
1 (866) 222-9175
Accommodations: $81.00/night (plus 12 percent tax)
Best Western ‹ St. Jacobs Country Inn
50 Benjamin Road East, Waterloo, Ontario
1 (519) 884-9295
1 (800) 972-5371
Accommodations: $129.00/night (plus 12 percent tax)
475 King Street North, Waterloo, Ontario
1 (519) 884-0220
1 (800) 361-4708
Accommodations: $145.00/night (plus 12 percent tax)
Again, to register for any of the above sessions, simply click here to access our SECURE online registration form If you have questions, or you'd like to discuss the possibility of a customized training session for your organization, here are four ways to contact us:
- Phone: Toll-free within Canada, 1-800-567-3700. Outside Canada, call (250) 595-3503
- Snail mail: 1052 Davie Street, Victoria, B.C. Canada V8S 4E3
Back to Peer Resources Main Index | Course List
Peer Resources - Navigation Tools for the Heart, Mind and Soul™
Copyright © 2003 by Peer Systems Consulting Group Inc.