|Mentoring 801: Mentoring Mentors: Master Mentor
This course is an individual or small group tutorial and is typically conducted by distance methods.
Participants will engage in discussions with the leading mentoring expert at Peer Resources. Discussions will focus on selected readings from a list of articles and books, issues and experiences identified by the participant as in need of further exploration, and assessments
At the conclusion of this interactive workshop participants will be able to:
- employ a wider-range of skills within their mentoring partnerships;
- experience a greater sense of confidence in working with the needs of their mentoring partners; and
- apply a number of tools and techniques for dealing with difficult or tough issues and interactions
Participants are organized into pairs and small groups for the practical training and consultation activities. Each participant will be asked to partner with another workshop participant to engage in a real-time mentoring interaction. The workshop relies strongly on interactive methods designed to maximize adult learning and model effective training.
Participants will be involved in lectures, communication skill exercises, role plays, training leadership opportunities, curriculum development, peer mentoring, and other experiential activities.
Persons who are experienced mentors or mentor program leaders, and want to act as mentors, coaches or consultants to other mentors.
- Discussion with employer or supervisor regarding expectations for the workshop and arrangement for a plan to report back.
- Completion of Mentoring 101, and Advanced Mentoring, or equivalent training;
- Completion of approximately 20 successful mentoring relationships;
- Opportunity to mentor at least five partners during the post-course phase resulting in a minimum of 100 hours of mentoring interaction; and
- Use of and summary of results from a mentor partner evaluation form where mentoring partners provide feedback on what works and what needs more work in the mentoring relationship.
Credit and Certification
Participants who successfully complete this workshop and the related post-workshop assignments will be eligible to apply for National Certification as a Mentor Consultation and Coaching Expert.
Participants who attend a complete workshop will receive a Certificate of Completion. Continuing Education Unit (CEU) credit is also available through the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.